Paraquad will empower people with disabilities to increase their independence through choice and opportunity.
Paraquad will be the leader in advancing the independent living philosophy. We envision an integrated community in which people with disabilities are valued and participate in all aspects of society.
- Respect, integration, equal access, opportunities, self-determination, informed choice and individual control for and by people with disabilities.
- People with disabilities having control of their own lives and any necessary supports or assistance.
- Full diversity within the organization, our programs and society at large in terms of disability, race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and religion.
- Personal commitment and action to shape the future of the organization and the Independent Living Movement.
- A work environment characterized by mutual respect, open communication and teamwork.
- People with disabilities taking a role in the policy and political decisions that impact their lives.