What Is AccessibleSTL?
A Paraquad Initiative To:
- Realize a vision of how our community can thrive through respecting the diversity of its members.
- Support and develop new partners committed to making St. Louis a model city for accessibility.
- Provide a resource for people with disabilities to learn about accessible organizations and businesses.
Recognize successful efforts to make our community more accessible, including the annual AccessibleSTL Awards.
AccessibleSTL leads collaborative efforts within our community to advance accessibility for people with disabilities and the aging population. Paraquad will partner with neighborhoods, businesses and governmental agencies to make St. Louis a universally accessible city for the mutual benefit of all citizens.
Did You Know:
- Over 225,000 people in the St. Louis region have one or more disabilities.
- 10,000 people will turn 65 every day for the next 17 years, and many will experience some change in functioning or ability as they age.
- 73% of people with disabilities are heads of households, 58% own homes and 48% are principal shoppers.
- According to one study, 70% of people with disabilities choose to shop with retailers who demonstrate their support for accessibility.