With your help, Paraquad provides its expert services for people with disabilities at low or no cost to ensure that everyone who needs help can get it.
- Home modifications can be essential for people with new disabilities to navigate — and enter and exit — their homes. A small ramp to create wheelchair access to a home can cost about $2,500.
- Replacement or repair of power wheelchairs can be extremely costly — batteries alone cost about $200.
- Health and wellness matters for everyone, including people with disabilities and people with limited incomes. For $50, one person with limited income can utilize specialized equipment in Paraquad’s Health and Wellness Center for one month.
- An outing to community attractions and activities can open doors for children with disabilities. A day trip, including transportation, admission costs, and food/drink averages about $35 per child.
- People with disabilities who transition from homelessness or institutions to their own apartment need essential household goods. A gift of $25 can provide a housewarming basket of plates and silverware.
With more than 80 percent of our participants living on incomes of less than $20,000, Paraquad relies on the generosity of our supporters to fund core services. Your gift can help to ensure accessibility to services that promote independence for people with disabilities.Donate Now