Accessible Exercise Program
Exercise is important to improving and maintaining good health. Paraquad's Health and Wellness Center is fully accessible. In addition to equipment found in most gyms, such as a treadmill, Thera bands, free weights, and a balance ball, our Health and Wellness Center also has the following equipment:
- Motomeds- stationary exercise bikes for the arms and legs for people who use wheelchairs, or have restricted movement. These bikes provide passive, active assistive and active movement for training.
- Equalizer weight equipment- wheelchair accessible and adjustable weight equipment
- VitaGlide-a wheelchair accessible piece of equipment that targets the shoulders and arms.
- Endorphin Arm & Leg bikes-stationary exercise bikes for the arms and legs for people who use wheelchairs; active movement only.
- Standing frames-a machine that provides alternative positioning by supporting the person in a partial or full standing position.
- Ergys bike-stationary bike that uses low level electrical stimulation to allow persons with little or no voluntary leg movement to actively pedal a bike.
- Wheelchair treadmill- a treadmill for manual wheelchair users. The person in the wheelchair uses the same pushing/pulling motion to propel their wheelchair on the track.
- Uppertone-a wheelchair accessible piece of weight equipment designed specifically for upper body training for quadriplegia and tetraplegia.
Schwinn Airdyne-a stationary bike that uses an air resistance system, which means that the harder you work, the greater the workout.
It also includes a Mobility Skills Course for people to train on new equipment and gain confidence to navigate mobility challenges typical in the community.
Our staff includes occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and physical therapy assistants. We help participants develop an exercise program that best meets the client’s needs and goals.
Participants who enroll in a 12-week program also receive a health handbook and nutrition program.
The Health and Wellness Center has the following hours:
- Monday: 9AM-5PM
- Tuesday: 9AM-6PM
- Wednesday: 9AM-7PM
- Thursday: 9AM-6PM
For more information, including fees, e-mail us at email@example.com or call 314/289-4202 (voice).