AccessibleSTL Roundtable: National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Show Your Commitment to Employing People with Disabilities
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 pm CST
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Place: Zoom (Register for the link!)
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM)! We hope you’ll join us for this special AccessibleSTL Roundtable to discover the ways you organization can observe the month and demonstrate a commitment to employing people with disabilities. Attendees will walk away with ideas and strategies to create an exciting and engaging NDEAM campaign, as well as ways to promote a disability-friendly workplace year-round. This is a valuable opportunity for anyone, but those who work with employee resource groups, diversity and inclusion committees, and in hiring and recruiting will find it particularly engaging.
Topics Covered Include:
- Origins and significance of NDEAM
- Recruiting and hiring people with disabilities
- Retention and advancement of employees with disabilities
- Laws and regulations
- Creating an accessible workspace
- Highlighting disability in your organization’s diversity endeavors
- Creating and utilizing an Employee Resource Group (ERGs)
- NDEAM materials and resources
You can register for this event using the form below; the cost is $25 per attendee. Please contact Briana Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org/314 289-4304 with any questions.