Paraquad is committed to developing leadership in the disability community by providing customized trainings to individuals, groups and organizations on civic engagement, advocacy and community organizing. Participants can learn about:
Voting & Civic Engagement
- The structure of local, state and federal governments.
- Voter registration and casting a ballot.
- Knowing your rights as a voter with a disability.
- The importance and impact of voting.
- Your rights as a person with a disability across a variety of settings: education, employment, medical.
- Effective communication.
- What to do when you’re rights have been violated.
Systems Change Organizing
- What is institutional power?
- How power dynamics work (e.g., individuals, organizations, governments).