New to disability? Not quite sure what words to use? We’re here to help! Check out our Disability Tips and Best Practices for Legislators and Staff!
2020 Legislative Priorities
Click here to read our 2020 CDS Legislative Brief.
People with disabilities should have opportunities to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
- We support changes to the Missouri’s MO HealthNet Buy-in (MBI) Program—the Ticket to Work Health Assurance Program—that increase the likelihood that people with disabilities who need to access MO HealthNet can do so while still being employed to their greatest capacity.
- We support a statewide “Employment First” policy.
- We support policies that increase opportunities for people with disabilities to become employed in community settings for at least minimum wage.
Click here to read our 2020 MBI Legislative Brief.
People with disabilities should have access to quality, affordable health care that meets their needs.
- We oppose any efforts to weaken the vital “safety net” (e.g., implementation of block grants or per capita cap models of Medicaid).
- We oppose implementing work requirements for Medicaid recipients.
- We oppose efforts to include people with disabilities in managed care delivery systems that do not ensure access to quality affordable health care for people with disabilities.
Click here to read our 2020 Employment First Legislative Brief.
Paraquad supports legislation to regulate and limit the use of seclusion and restraint in schools across the state of Missouri to ensure the safety, well-being, and educational success of all students.
Click here to read our 2020 Seclusion and Restraint Legislative Brief.