Paraquad is committed to developing leadership in the disability community by providing customized trainings to individuals, groups and organizations on civic engagement, advocacy and community organizing. Participants in The Tuscher Institute can learn about:
- The structure of local, state and federal governments.
- Knowing your rights as a person with a disability.
- How to build a campaign that will see the most impact in political circles.
Grassroots Community Organizing
- Building a movement.
- What is individual power?
- Why is collective power important?
- How to build a community’s power.
Systems Change Organizing
- What is institutional power?
- How power dynamics work (e.g., individuals, organizations, governments).
The Tuscher Institute is a fee-for-service program that offers in-depth, multi-day trainings twice each year. It also offers smaller, focused, on-demand “toolbox trainings” that can be customized to the need of a group or organization.