In addition to on-site interpreting, Paraquad Deaf Way Interpreting Services also offers Video Remote Interpreting (VRI). People who are Deaf or hard of hearing can communicate with any professional using a laptop, iPad or even iPhone with a good internet connection to connect with a qualified interpreter from Deaf Way.
Advantages of VRI:
- Obtain qualified interpreting services in areas where no on-site interpreters are available.
- Save on mileage fees.
- Billing by the minute, not the hour.
- Shorter wait times.
- Trained medical and legal interpreters.
- No need for special equipment.
- Secure and HIPAA compliant.
- Can be used in court, prison, lawyer’s office, doctor’s office, a workplace and more.
Note: VRI is not a good fit for everyone who is Deaf or hard of hearing, so make sure you first ask the person if they want to use it.