Registration is open from June 4 – June 18 for summer and fall classes for St. Louis City and St. Louis County residents. Call 314-289-4318 to register.
Paraquad offers Continuing Education classes throughout the year to adults 18 and older. Private tutoring is available to adults who reside in St. Louis County.
Students can choose from a variety of exciting courses to work toward their individual goals and improve their academic, communication and independent living skills.
Classes may include topics such as reading, money and budgeting, everyday numbers (math, time, schedules, distance and measurements), computers, communication and improving skills needed at work.
Workshops such as gardening, woodshop, cooking, community access and book clubs give students an opportunity to apply skills learned in the classroom.
Classes are at Paraquad.
Classes are free to eligible adults. Private pay options may be available to those not eligible for free classes. Some workshops such as cooking and community access may have program fees.
The Continuing Education program is funded by the Productive Living Board for St. Louis County Citizens with Developmental Disabilities and the St. Louis Office for Developmental Disability Resources. The class size and availability of classes may be limited based on available funding.
Free or low-cost transportation to the education site is available from most locations.
To be eligible for Continuing Education programs, a student must meet all three requirements.
- Must reside in St. Louis City or St. Louis County.
- Must have a diagnosed and documented developmental disability that is attributable to:
- Intellectual Disability
- Cerebral Palsy
- A learning disability related to brain dysfunction
- An individual who has substantial functional limitations in at least two of the following life areas:
- Understanding and communicating language
- Living independently or being economically self-sufficient
- Physical mobility
- The disability must appear before the student is 22 years old and reflects the person’s need for individually planned and coordinated services throughout life or for an extended period.