Thank you for your interest in an internship, fieldwork, or volunteer position at Paraquad’s Health and Wellness Center. First and foremost, we are a non-traditional setting in the category of community-based health and wellness.
Our program is managed by a physical therapist and our staff consists of an occupational therapist and physical therapy assistant as well as other part-time staff. We offer an internship, fieldwork, and volunteer positions to students of various disciplines, but typically host students from programs in occupational therapy, physical therapy, exercise science, recreational therapy, pre-occupational therapy, and pre-physical therapy.
The student will gain:
- Experience with specialized equipment and adaptive fitness programs.
- Hands-on experience working with people with a wide range of disabilities.
- Opportunities to assist people in their transition from patient to life-long exercise participant.
- Option to develop projects/programs for the Health and Wellness Center.
- Hands-on experience leading group exercise classes.
An initial interview must be completed prior to beginning your internship, fieldwork, or volunteer position. This is typically done in person at Paraquad. Phone interviews may be scheduled in place of an in-person interview given special circumstances.
We are always open to accepting new contracts with colleges and universities in related health fields. If you are interested in volunteering or an internship/fieldwork opportunity, please complete the below application form and send to Tricia Creel, Health and Wellness Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-289-4253.