Paraquad is proud to help people with disabilities increase their independence. Through Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA), people with disabilities who are working or preparing to work can get the assistance they need to meet their employment and self-sufficiency goals.
The Show Me Employment Project, Paraquad’s WIPA project, supports Social Security disability beneficiaries who are working or who are preparing to work, so they can make a successful and profitable transition to the workforce.
Program participants will work with Paraquad’s Community Work Incentive Coordinators (CWICs), who provide in-depth counseling to explain how working may affect disability benefits received.
All services are provided at no charge and can help Social Security disability beneficiaries achieve their employment goals.
Working with the Show Me Employment Project can help you:
- Realize the financial, health, and social benefits of employment.
- Assess how income from work may affect your Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), health care, and other public benefits so you can make informed choices.
- Learn about work incentives and how they apply to you.
- Decide whether the Ticket to Work program is right for you.
- Learn more about resources like a state Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency or an Employment Network (EN) and whether they fit your needs.
Paraquad’s WIPA project can provide Social Security disability beneficiaries with valuable information on work incentives, benefits, and services available to help achieve employment goals.
To participate in the Show Me Employment Project, you must meet the following requirements:
- Receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Live in the Show Me Employment Project service area (see list below).
- Be 14 years of age or older.
- Be currently working or engaging in self-employment, or be actively pursuing employment or self-employment.
Paraquad’s Show Me Employment Project serves the city of St. Louis and the following Missouri counties: Audrain, Bollinger, Butler, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Crawford, Dent, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Howell, Iron, Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison, Maries, Mississippi, Monroe, Montgomery, New Madrid, Oregon, Osage, Pemiscot, Perry, Phelps, Pike, Pulaski, Ralls, Ripley, St. Charles, St. Francois, St. Louis, Ste. Genevieve, Scott, Shannon, Stoddard, Texas, Warren, Washington and Wayne.
For more information about the Show Me Employment Project, contact Paraquad’s Information and Referral Department.
If you need general information about the Ticket to Work or Social Security’s work incentives, please contact the Help Line Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Central Time) at (866) 968-7842 (voice) or (866) 833-2967 (TTY).