Due to COVID-19, the Health and Wellness Center is open by appointment only with limited programs. Please call to schedule a visit or for more information.
Exercise is the heart of what we do at the Health and Wellness Center. Whether you are just leaving a rehabilitation center or an athlete working on your fitness, our staff of experienced Adapted Exercise Specialists can help. We work with people with disabilities and older adults to achieve a variety of cardiovascular, strength, and mobility goals. Our fitness center features state-of-the-art equipment that is fully accessible.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a specialty fitness center with a variety of services to support your comprehensive exercise needs.
- Welcoming, supportive environment
- Expert staff, including physical and occupational therapists
- Range of exercise options, from condition-specific plans to general fitness
- Group exercise classes and education programs
- Annual assessments of your fitness and mobility
In addition to the equipment found in many traditional gyms, such as treadmills and free weights, the Health and Wellness Center offers extensive adapted equipment, including:
- ParaMill (wheelchair treadmill)
- Standing frames
- Mobility Skills Course with ramps, curbs and stairs for training with assistive devices
- RT 300 Leg/Arm/Core (FES)
- SCIFIT® steppers and bikes
HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER HOURS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
If you would like additional information or are interested in joining, please call us at 314-289-4253 or complete the form below. Our fax number is 314-289-4327.
We are located at 5200 Berthold Ave, across the street from the main Paraquad offices.