Our guiding principle at Paraquad is the independent living philosophy, the belief that people with disabilities should integrate fully into society, have equal opportunities and maintain control of their lives. The entire community benefits when all citizens live with self-reliance and dignity.
Paraquad’s Independent Living Adult Program (ILAP) provides information and support to assist adults with disabilities in meeting their independent living goals, including:
- Finding affordable, accessible housing and transportation.
- Constructing and utilizing a workable budget.
- Attaining and/or understanding benefits.
- Gaining a better understanding of one’s disability.
- Assisting with the identification of realistic goals through partnership with participant and assessment of needs.
- Providing motivation and support to achieve personal goals.
- Providing education and referrals to other appropriate Paraquad programs and services.